Wednesday, January 14, 2009

When Do You Know You're an Adult?

I went to the bank today. I sat in the chair, and talked with my Wells Fargo Personal Banker, Charla. She was very nice, and personable and quite helpful (all things I'm sure her manager would be glad to hear), but there was something that just felt 'off' while I was there. Charla walked away for a few moments, and thats when it hit me; I still felt like I was a little kid. I was doing grown up things, but I still felt like a teenager or something. Don't really know how to explain it... more on that later.
I am about halfway done with reading what is posted of Midnight Sun on the Twilight webpage. I love it, but once again I am pressed with the question, "What am I going to do when I finish reading it?".
Nikki and I hung out for a few hours tonight, and as always it was... interesting. First we ate hummus and drank mojitos at a trendy downtown Phoenix restaurant (which Nikki later informed me was an openly GAY restaurant. So I am sure the entire time we were there our 'delicate' waiter thought we were lesbian- life partners). And I have to say... I had quite a delicious blackberry mojito. Then just for kicks and giggles, we broke into Barry Goldwater and walked around. It was wierd being on campus and walking around like we were going to class again. Everything is still the same, except now they have little tiny Bulldogs painted on the pavement. Lame.
Today in class, Brock, my 3-year old boyfriend broke up with me for the pretty blonde, new girl in class. Story of my life.

When two of your best friends get married... whose side do you sit on at the ceremony?

No comments: